Sunday, June 17, 2012

Porch Sitting

The weather has been gorgeous here this weekend.  

Warm, but not too hot; sunny, and very little humidity.   Perfecto!

Besides working on a few furniture projects--which of course I'll share with you!--I've also spent a bit of time either laying on a blanket reading in the yard, or sitting on the front porch. 

Feeling inspired by the beautiful weather, I put together a little porch vignette
with items from around the house.



The chair was already on the porch, so that was easy.  I picked up the vintage galvanized dairy cooler from Nest a few months back and hadn't been able to figure out what to do with it.  

Now, it's an end table!



Love these pillows so much.  The one in front came from the Plain Jane Dawson Etsy shop and features Cath Kidston's Rosali fabric, which was available from IKEA several years ago.  Behind it is a blue-and-white Union Jack pillow from Vintage Tails in Hillsborough, NC.



On the milk cooler sits a vintage doily, a turquoise vase with some pretty purple flowers (weeds, no doubt, but who cares!), and this Cath Kidston mug filled with Dark Cherry Berry tea.   

Mmmm to the tea and the mug!



Hope you've had a lovely weekend and Happy Father's Day!


-Erin



Sharing at: 
 

9 comments:

  1. Erin,
    Your porch is just darling, and a lovely place to sit and read:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your porch vignette looks lovely! I have loved that CK Rosali fabric for years...wish I would have bought more of it all when it was out!! The pillow is adorable and I love the metal crate and your planter in front too. Hope you have more great weather, it has been very hot here :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous set-up!!! Looks pretty & cozy :)
    Happy father's day to your hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Erin, your porch looks like the perfect place to enjoy summer and I love this vignette, especially the dairy cooler!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a wonderful mixture of rustic simple and cottage lovely! makes me want to pop over and sit a spell! xo

    http://www.northerncottage.net/

    ReplyDelete
  6. GASP!

    love this scene, erin. inspired to go a-hunting for a chair! thank you so much for leading me over via FB!

    happy summer

    xo
    elyse

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the things you put together. I wish I had a front porch to do something like this. I just have a little postage stamp porch. You have created a lovely place to sit, think, and relax!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sweet spot... I could rock the day away right there!

    gena

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks so relaxing! New follower~

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time stop by and say hello! I enjoy reading each and every comment left at Carolina Country Living.