Saturday, January 21, 2012

Free Access to Picnik's Premium Features

Hello everyone,

Hope your weekend's off to a good start! It's raining here, so we're holed up in the house today, listening to music and poring through seed catalogs as we plan for our garden this year.

I took a moment to check my email earlier and received a note from my father-in-law that Picnik, the free (and paid, for certain features) photo editing Web site, will be closing on April 19th.

Since I don't have Photoshop, I've relied on Google's Picasa and Picnik to edit photos for Carolina Country Living from the beginning. So the news that Picnik will no longer exist in three months is a bit of a bummer to hear.

However, from now and until then, Picnik is offering all its premium photo-editing features for free!

I'll be taking advantage of this offer and I thought some of you might want to do the same!  Visit Picnik here.

And now before I resume laying on the couch by the woodstove, I wanted to share these camellias I clipped yesterday at my parents' house.  (Photos edited using Picnik!)


We're having a freakishly warm winter so far, and these camellias are in full bloom.  I placed a few in a thrifted silverplated sugar bowl in my bathroom and they are a welcome touch of color in the middle of winter.  


-Erin

Enter your email address to subscribe to Carolina Country Living:


Delivered by FeedBurner

10 comments:

  1. ah! i thought that was spam and i didnt even open it!! :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no, Erin! I LUV Picnik and have always used it for my photos because it was so simple to use! What will we do now? What's another easy (and free?) photo editing site that we can use?

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  3. we had camellias at our first house in louisiana and even at our last house in maryland... none at this house! kind of makes me miss them seeing this picture- they are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. BUMMER about picnik, I use it too!! LOVE those pretty pretty pink flowers :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just heard the news. I have never used Picnik, but since I am working hard with my upgraded camera, it sound like I should take advantage of it now! Too bad that it is closing shop though.

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for info:) Coming by from Jane's and Leo's blog.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Omg Erin, those are so gorgeous! It has definitely been a freakishly warm winter, my daffodils are really coming up, usually they don't show this much leafing until February...

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Different type of flowers are look in the show peaces are different and amazing.

    words and music

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Erin,

    My name is Jenn, I'm part of a team of former-Picnikers. We see that you've been an avid user of Picnik and love to hear about your passion for great photos! We know you're probably looking for an alternative to your old favorite so I wanted to let you know about www.PicMonkey.com -- a new photo editing site built by a couple of the folks who brought you Picnik! It’ll be familiar, fun, and totally user-friendly. Sign up on our site and we’ll keep you updated on a launch date. Also, feel free to send me your feedback, feature requests, and, of course, any questions you have!

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey
    I enjoy your blog!, This unique is just a totally nicely structured posting, I do appreciate the writing
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time stop by and say hello! I enjoy reading each and every comment left at Carolina Country Living.