Monday, October 10, 2011

Monday Morning Music: Florence + The Machine

It's always nice to start the week with some good music...and I have to say I believe the British group Florence + The Machine more than qualifies.

For consumers of pop culture, F+TM has performed at the MTV Music Awards, on Letterman (not to mention at the Nobel Prize Concert), and has had songs featured on such franchises as Glee and Twilight.  The group is Grammy-nominated and is getting ready to release a new album next month. 

But all this lead-up does absolutely no justice to Florence's voice and the instrumentalists behind her.  The proof is in the pudding. Here, have a listen...




The group's new album, Ceremonials, drops in the U.S. on November 1st and considering how good the debut album, Lungs, was, I can't wait to hear it.  Here's the first single from Ceremonials:



I'm completely infatuated with Florence's voice--the strength, power and rawness of it. Pair that with the expansive, emotional music and...wow...can't get enough of it!

And, c'mon, how cool is it that the band uses a standing harp?



Enjoy!
Erin

2 comments:

  1. Florence and The Machine first came to my attention with the last song you featured, "The Dog Days Are Over" I loved it, and Ted got me the cd. I need to find that cd again! Love her sound!

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love...Love her sound!!!!!

    great way to end my day...thank you Erin

    Janet xox

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time stop by and say hello! I enjoy reading each and every comment left at Carolina Country Living.