Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Tannenbaum Travels

We traveled on Sunday to the western part of North Carolina to cut a fresh Christmas tree.  North Carolina is renowned for its Frasier Firs and I love these trees. They are simply the perfect Christmas tree, in my opinion.
 
We drove to Boone since it's only about 2-1/2 hours away.  It was cold here at home when we left, but it was absolutely frigid in Boone!  Their high was our low that day. 


What a view!

After grabbing a bite to eat, we visited a farm on the recommendation of my husband's co-worker. Though it was slightly off the beaten path, there were a lot of people there doing the same thing we were.

We ambled up a hill, found a lovely tree, flagged down a cutter and snapped a few pictures while waiting.




Little boy played while the guys baled the tree.

Rapscallion alert!
Then we paid for and loaded the tree, and dove as quickly as we could into the warm cab of the truck!

My son and I then slept pretty much the entire way home. (Sorry, honey!) The cold will take it right out of you! ;)

P.S.--Yesterday I read Donna at Funky Junk Interiors's excellent tutorial series on photographing with a point-and-shoot. She uses Picasa to edit her photos and so I played around with it to enhance these photos. I'm in love!  Thanks for the great info, Donna!

2 comments:

  1. I'd love to get our tree from soemwhere like this but it's not a tradition we really have in England. Now YOUR post makes me think of warm mulled cider!!!!

    Sarahx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Erin....These pictures look like you had such a great day. Memories of a lifetime....

    Thanks for joining my giveaway...Good luck!

    Take care,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time stop by and say hello! I enjoy reading each and every comment left at Carolina Country Living.